• T.J. Dietsch has one of the greatest Christmas decorations I have ever seen.
• The @MarkMillarIdeas Twitter account has evolved into a sentient entity that could keep Marvel and DC powered for decades to come. (via Robot6)
• I knew Alan Moore could sing. But who knew he could move with this kind of stage presence? (via Topless Robot)
• I counted 27 of the A.V. Club’s 50 best films of the ’00s that I’ve seen. It’s a geographically ambitious list, and there are a few surprises. Though Gangs of New York, Speed Racer and Grindhouse were all notably absent, it was definitely a considerate list — even if I have a hard Eternal Sunshine at #1. Also, this is the second such top 50 list that’s told me I need to see The New World, so I guess I should put that on the queue.
• And while we’re on the subject of nostalgic lists about this decade we’re exiting, this “40 Things That Were Popular At The Beginning Of The Decade That Aren’t Popular Anymore” list really took me back to my senior year of high school. Ja Rule!
3 thoughts on “Link Sausage: 12/07/2009”
I too have been shocked by seeing The New World pop up places. Viewing party?
You’ve got a deal. I just moved it up to the top of my Netflix queue, where incidentally it has a composite rating of 2.5 stars out of 5.
I’m with you on Speed Racer, Grindhouse, and Gangs of New York. I think City of God deserved a higher spot, I’m VERY glad they included Punch Drunk Love, and the old man in me would have really liked to see Dan in Real Life or Little Miss Sunshine in there. But that may just be my biological clock.