Brian Warmoth is a digital content director, editor and journalist, currently working as Content Lead for Orange Silicon Valley in San Francisco. He previously worked for American City Business Journals as Director of Special Editorial Projects for its tech-focused brand Streetwise Media (now AmericanInno) and as Content Director at Industry Dive, leading the startup’s first editorial team, which launched and grew a family of B2B news websites, including Retail Dive, Utility Dive, and Education Dive.
He has more than a decade of experience as an editor, journalist, and analyst, covering technology, business, entertainment, and venture capital trends in various roles for media outlets including AOL News, MTV News, and others. His work has been cited in publications from The Atlantic, Bloomberg Press, Wired, and elsewhere.
Reach out to him at brian[at]warmoth[dot]org. Or just follow him on Twitter. He loves to talk about tech, film, comics, and books.
Below is an overview of major projects he has overseen, both past and present:
- Produce Orange Silicon Valley website, blog, and research library
- Edit and publish weekly external email newsletter
- Produce and edit Orange Silicon Valley Medium account
- Host and produce Bistrocast podcast
- Edit weekly internal newsletter about U.S. tech for Orange executives
Streetwise Media projects
- Produced charts and data visualizations for DC Inno, Bostinno, Chicago Inno, and Austin Inno
- Managed news operations for DC Inno
- Led guest content and op-ed editorial for national family of American City Business Journal-owned sites
- Launched national index for scoring innovation across metro areas
Industry Dive projects
- Led editorial department to launch family of mobile-first news websites and email newsletters for Utility Dive, Education Dive, Food Dive, Marketing Dive, Waste Dive, Construction Dive, and Healthcare Dive
- Published Utility Dive’s first national survey of electric utility CEOs
- Led editorial for custom and native content operations